I’m on a 13 week diet to get into (a less round) shape for a family wedding. Click here for a quick explanation of what and why: but the short of it is this: having a Body Mass of over 30 (= “Obese Class 1”) in a suit at a wedding in the sun in Spain is not a good look!
Like I said in my last update, I’d begun to struggle due to not having changed my mindset. The last two weeks, I have tried to remove certain things from my diet completely (evening beer after work, biccies with my tea, and so on) in order to break the snack-craving cycle. I find a few weeks “cold turkey” helps change your mindset.
The last several days have been a great success! I’ve lost 4.2lb this week! Definitely back to making progress. I’ve been eating a lot. But only delicious salads with no creams or dressings, with only a little olive oil, and I’ve been eating plenty of fruit. Only one beer a week, no other booze. No take aways. Only a couple of biccies with my morning tea a day — although, most days this week, I’ve had no biccies at all. I’ve tried to stop eating when no longer hungry, instead of just stuffing myself to clear the plate (when I was a kid, I wasn’t allowed from the table till I’d eaten everything: old habits die hard!). This involves eating slowly and paying attention to my food, so not eating whilst watching the telly, say.
Because my weight loss basically had stalled at week 2 for the last several weeks, my goal weight in the time left is probably unreachable in a healthy fashion. I would need to lose 25.8 lbs in 5 weeks. However, I lost 4.2lb last week without ever even being hungry or de-energised. So maybe I can set a new goal of 16st 0.6lb / 224.6lb for next week.
- week 1: 03/04/17: 16st 11.6lb (235.6lb)
- week 2: 10/04/17: 16st 9.2lb (233.2lb) target was 233.1lb
- week 3: 17/04/17: 16st 7lb (231lb) target was 230.6lb
- week 4: 24/04/17: 16st 8.8lb (232.8lb) target was 228.1lb
- week 5: 01/05/17: 16st 8.8lb (232.8lb) target was 225.6lb
- week 6: 08/05/17: 16st 8.8lb (232.8lb) target was 223.1lb
- week 7: 15/05/17: 16st 9lb (233lb) target was 220.6lb
- week 8: 22/05/17: 16st 9lb (233lb) target was 218.1lb
- week 9: 29/05/17: 16st 4.8lb (228.8lb) target was 215.6lb
- GOAL: 03/07/17: 14st 7lb (203lb)
© 2017 Bryan A. J. Parry
featured image from https://hansimann.files.wordpress.com/2015/06/sisyphus_by_o__v-d66ox90.png